How do I preserve my legacy?
Estate planning ensures that your finances will be effectively managed in your absence. There was a time when that simply meant having a will, possibly a trust and financial and healthcare powers of attorney. As our society lives longer, estate planning has taken on a greater meaning. Clients now face challenging decisions on what to do and having an estate plan will assist you in:
- Preserving assets in the event of your incapacity during life
- Appropriate distribution of your assets to heirs and/or charities
- Shielding the value of the estate from the costs associated with taxes, professional fees, and court costs, through the use of trusts and more sophisticated estate planning techniques
- Fulfilling charitable objectives
- Development of family care policies that set up guidelines to dealing with difficult family situations in advance