Tammera “Tammy” L. Prouty CFP®
Tammera “Tammy” L. Prouty, CFP®, is a partner with Sound Financial Planning, Inc. (SFP), specializing in comprehensive financial planning. She enjoys providing friendly personal service to clients to ensure they achieve their goals and life dreams.
“Working with clients to create a comprehensive financial plan for a secure and prosperous future is my specialty and passion,” says Tammy, who started down the road to financial planning as a bank teller more than two decades ago. She became a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ in 2007.
Tammy is proud of her position with Sound Financial Planning. She has been with the company since 2000. “I am proud to be a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ who maintains a fiduciary standard where I place our client’s interest above my own and that of the firms. We are truly client-first.”
Helping people with their finances is also an endeavor that extends long past business hours for Tammy. She volunteers for the local chapter of the Junior Achievement program, aiming to provide financial literacy to high school students.
“I enjoy helping young people with the basics of finance so they will not make critical mistakes with their money,” says Tammy, who earned her bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in finance from Central Washington University.
Tammy’s dedication to helping others with finances was featured in the Seattle Times, where she helped a family get their finances in order with valuable budgeting advice.
Tammy is a past president and member of the Northwest Washington Estate Planning Council. “I enjoy meeting and working with other professionals who help me to elevate our client services.”
Born and raised in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, Tammy enjoys camping and hiking. She and her husband Sean, enjoy a game of golf at home and wherever they travel. She also enjoys scrapbooking, cooking, gardening, and backyard fires on her picturesque property.
- A NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor is a financial planner who has earned the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation, NAPFA recognized practitioner, fee-only, and who meets NAPFA’s rigorous standards. The National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA) is the country’s leading professional association of Fee-Only financial advisors — highly trained professionals who are committed to working in the best interests of those they serve.
- Member of the Financial Planning Association (FPA).
- A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional.
- Volunteer for Junior Achievement.
- Past President of the Northwest Washington Estate Planning Council.
- Featured in The Seattle Times article How to Fund Your Retirement
- Past Treasurer for NAMI Skagit (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill)
- Volunteered at the Portland Metropolitan Crisis Hotline